New Ohio Law Could Allow Adults to Grow Marijuana
Adults over 21 could partake of, and even grow, Marijuana if new law passes in Ohio. This would not allow for public consumption or resale without a licence, however.
According to local Ohio news sites, the bill is going to the local government soon, but it needs 300,000 signatures.
if passed, this law would allow for the consumption and growth of Cannabis for persons over the age of 21. This however, does not permit the sale or distribution of the product without a proper medical licence.
Highlights of the plan:
* Ohio residents age 21 and older would be allowed to grow and use marijuana in private;
* commercial growers and sellers would be regulated similar to businesses that produce and sell alcohol;
* using marijuana in public would be prohibited;
* employers would retain the right to have drug free workplace policies and landlords would be allowed to prohibit its production and use on their property;
* operating a vehicle under the influence of marijuana would be prohibited;
* local governments would control how many marijuana businesses operate in their community and voter approval would be required for dispensaries in their precincts.
The bill requires a rather large number of voter signatures by next July, if it hopes to be voted on.
What do you think about this news? Think other States show follow suite soon?